Born in Ipoh, the capital of the State of Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia, Kylie Lim was academically conferred her Bachelor Degree of Science (with Honours) Biomedical Science (Second Class – Upper Division) from University of Tunku Abdul Rahman in the year of 2013.
She was exposed to the art of dancing from the age of six (6) at Grace School of Dancing, Ipoh; pursuing comprehensive syllabus and methodology by Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) based in London, United Kingdom. With her burning passion in the art of classical ballet, she pursued and was enrolled as a qualified Associate of Imperial Classical Ballet by the aforesaid distinguished institution.
Upon acquiring her professional qualification in classical ballet, she has been teaching for Grace School of Dancing since the year of 2008 wherein her teaching experiences have been wide-ranging from engaging with different students from varying demographic settings in terms of age, level of qualifications and background of dancing.
She has been teaching in various institutions on an ad hoc or freelance basis including University of Tunku Abdul Rahman, Broadway Academy Malaysia, academic institutions; Australian International School Malaysia (AISM) & Taylor’s International School Puchong (TISP), Celebrity Fitness Malaysia, Beebop Circus and others. Her core portfolio in her teaching career involves dance movements and floor work techniques, choreography, stage performance, competition and many more.
She is also listed as one of the Malaysian Choreographers in MyDance Alliance (A non-profit organisation supporting dance in Malaysia).
RECENT PRODUCTION & ACHIEVEMENTS
In Response to the Pandemic: 7 Performances in Harapan di Hadapan to Lift Our Spirits
After five months of evaluating applicants, DPAC has finally selected the seven works to showcase. These pieces will integrate drama, theatre, diabolo, and dance. With hope at the axis, we aspire to support artists while we rekindle the spirit of performing arts.
Group A (7 – 9th January 2022) Artist:
Milol Tahar, Kylie Lim, Ridhwan Saidi
Group B (14 – 16th January 2022) Artist: Tristen Loo, Tarrant Kwok, Lee Yee Han, Ryn Mah
Venue : DPAC, Theatre
FEATURED ON CNA (CHANNEL NEWS ASIA) | 4TH FEBRUARY 2022:
October 16th, 2019 Bangkok – A Humble Contemporary Dance Teacher, Kylie Lim is pleased to announce her recent achievement as the First-Ever Malaysian to win Champion in the AFC Dance To The Future Competition which was held in Bangkok, Thailand on October 11th, 2019. Her success brings pride to her family and friends as she trains really hard to pursue her dance dreams.
Asia Fitness Conference (AFC) is well known as the biggest conference in Asia for fitness professionals, therefore winning the title is not easy as competitors from around the world was competing too. She won the title and recognised by renowned and international judges; Tony Stone, Bell China Dolls, Erick Limans, Frans Ferdinand and David Velez.
- Choreographer for ‘笼’ by Celeste Beh (First-Runner Up) for 马氏旗袍美后大赛 organised by Malaysian Mah Clan Association (12/11/2023)
- Co- choreographer for ‘有一种悲伤-‘ by Tai Loon Eng for Short+Sweet Dance Competition 2023 (Shortlisted for 20th & 21st October 2023 Show)
- Choreographer for ‘Speechless’ by Song Carren (2nd-Runner Up) for F & N Got Talent | Shine Like A Star
- Choreographer for ‘Soo Lee Jean’s 4 minutes Choreography’ (Champion) by Soo Lee Jean for Experian Got Talent 2023 (Winner of RM2000)
- Choreographer for ‘Essence of Life’ (1st Place, Gold Medal) by KDYS for Thailand Challenge Cup Dance Competition (THCCDC 2023) from 8 – 11 September 2023.
- Choreographer for ‘Piece by Piece’ (Bronze Medal) by Jaz Neo for Thailand Challenge Cup Dance Competition (THCCDC 2023) from 8 – 11 September 2023.
- Co- choreographer for ‘有一种悲伤-‘ (Bronze Medal) by Tai Loon Eng for Thailand Challenge Cup Dance Competition (THCCDC 2023) from 8 – 11 September 2023.
- Choreographer for ‘One More Shot’ by Battle Queens (Jaz Neo & Rachael Anne) : Top 16 for Yayasan Sime Darby Arts Festival 2023 (Dance The Scene)
- Choreographer & Dancer together with Manisa Murali for ‘Connections With Strangers’ for [Dancing Duet: A Choreographic Platform for Duo Choreography Showcase] on 27th November 2022 at PJPAC, 1 Utama.
- Participated in One Full-day Choreography Workshop: [Dancing Duet: A Choreographic Platform for Duo Choreography] on 6th Nov 2022 from 10am to 10pm at PJPAC, 1 Utama E by JS Wong & Faillul Adam
- Choreographer for ‘You Will Be Found’ (Gold Medal) by Ong Pangyi for Dance In Diversity 2022
- Choreographer for ‘Empowerment’ (Finalist) by KDYS for Short + Sweet Malaysia 2022 (Dance)
- Choreographer for ‘Hold My Hand’ (Gold Medal) by Jaz Neo, ‘You Say’ (Silver Medal) by Rachael Anne, ‘I’ll Never Love Again’ (Bronze Medal) by Lee Jean and ‘Leave A Light On’ (Silver Medal) by Eng for the Asia Open Dance Championship (AODC) 2022
- Choreographer and Dancer for ‘Loyal, Brave & True’ by Kylie for the Opening Ceremony of the Asia Fitness Conference (AFC) 2022 in Bangkok, Thailand
- Choreographer for ‘Empowerment’ (Gold Medal) by KDYS, ‘You Will Be Found’ (Certificate Of Challenger) by Pangyi, ‘Prison Of Decision’ (Silver Medal) by Eng, ‘You Ruin Me’ (Certificate Of Challenger) by Li Chen, ‘You Say’ (Certificate Of Challenger) by Rachael and ‘Before You Cry’ (Certificate Of Challenger) by Gary for the Malaysia Challenge Cup Dance Competition (MCCDC) 2022
- Dancer for Tutur Harapan; an online fundraise art showcase by HiMedia.my from 27th to 30th January 2022. (Physical & Online Screening)
- Choreographer + Dancer for “Suddenly, hope.” production for the Harapan Di Hadapan initiation by DPAC at DPAC, Theatre from 7th to 9th January 2022
- Choreographer (Here’s Your Perfect) in Short + Sweet Dance Competition Penang, Malaysia 2021
- Finalist & Choreographer (Achieve Duo) in Short + Sweet Dance Competition Penang, Malaysia 2020
- Choreographer for SnG Achievers (Finalist) in Short + Sweet Dance Competition Penang, Malaysia 2020
- Semi-Finalist in Artistreet Dance Competition (28th November 2019)
- Lyrical Contemporary Dance Choreographer for Sophia, a Finalist for Mrs Universe World Final 2019, Guangzhou (26th December 2019)
- Conducted DNA Mask Contemporary Dance Workshop in Celebrity Fitness Malaysia (28th February 2020)
- Completed Dancer’s Training Programme on a full-time basis organised by Damansara Performing Arts Centre (DPAC); Classical Ballet Season 2017 (17th April to 25th August 2017)
- Completed Intensive Technique Choreography Course Intermediate Level (Ballet & Contemporary) by Danztech Movement (23rd June 2019)
- Awarded The Most Dedicated Dancer by Melody Tee, Founder & Artistic Director of Danztech Movement (8th December 2019)
- Honours in Level 2; CSTD (The Jason Winters Contemporary Technique) (9th November 2020)
- Honours in Level 1; CSTD (The Jason Winters Contemporary Technique) (17th November 2019)
- Honours in Foundation; CSTD (The Jason Winters Contemporary Technique) (30th March 2019)
- ISTD; Successfully examined in the Imperial Classical Ballet from Pre-Primary Class Examination (1997) to Intermediate Vocational Graded Examination in Dance (Intermediate Level) (2007)
- Certified as a Teacher of Imperial Classical Ballet whose qualifications have been established to the satisfaction of the Administrative Council and enrolled as an Associate given under the Seal of the Society of London (30th October 2008)
- Attended Masterclass Dance Workshop by Esperimenti Dance Company from Italy (16th September 2019)
- Attended Contemporary Technique Master Class and Dance Workshops from Albert Tiong and Billy William (24th November 2018)
- Attended Contemporary & Lyrical Dance Workshop by TRDO, Singapore (9th June 2018)
- Choreographer & Dancer in notable productions by University of Tunku Abdul Rahman entitled, ‘To Feel Again”, ” Embrace Your Dream” and “The Legend of Chang Er”.